Our client had been in business for years and built their product on technology off the shelves. As costs rose, they approached Anidea to redevelop their product and lower costs. Anidea engineers helped them to create their own system, lowering costs and increasing sales.
Bovine Estrus Detection/Tracking System (Cows in heat)
The Client desired to create a next generation RF estrus detection system with advanced capabilities and reduced costs.
Anidea designed, implemented, and manufactured a series of devices to facilitate the monitoring of the mounting activity of large herds of cattle over widespread areas utilizing 900MHz ISM technology and developing the Tag, Base station, Repeater, and Access Point. While there are 4 devices in the system, only two assemblies were created.
The Client now has an updated, robust, turn-key solution for their company.
- 900MHz ISM frequency hopping transceivers at 10mW and 250mW
- Low Power Microcontroller
- Real time clocks and watchdog systems
- Battery Powered Systems
- Low power TI MSP430 microcontrollers for the tag and other base band operations
- Freescale HCS08 microprocessors for the overall system control functions
- Utilizes Micrel MICRF505 Transceiver
- FTDI USB to serial conversion for the Access Point to facilitate modern day communications (as opposed to legacy RS-232)
- Switching Power Supplies
- EMI Shielding