Anidea was approached by our client who had originally started his company based on a Palm-OS design. The design was clunky and tough to manufacture. Anidea created a propriety hardware design and leveraged other commercially available components such as GPS and wireless communications modules to create a highly integrated system which was manufacturing friendly.
Polaris Golf, Inc.
PDA/GPS-based golfing assistance device
The existing product was based on a repackaged Palm OS device which was becoming obsolete.
- Anidea redesigned the device and upgraded it to a full-color, integrated GPS with both charging and power systems.
- Redesigned the plastic enclosure.
- Researched various LCD technologies suitable for outdoor readability with touch screen capability.
- Implemented a custom ARM 9 System on a Chip (SoC) platform powerful enough for custom animation and graphics.
- Designed the product for simplified assembly to reduce costs and increase reliability.
- Upgraded system to support telemetry via a RF modem.
- Leveraged the Linux OS with Microwindows for system functions
Client was able to upgrade his product and create the most advanced PDA/GPS golfing assistance / yardage system on the market
- ARM9 with SDRAM, NOR and NAND Memories
- TFT-LCD Touch Screen
- Wireless 900MHz RF Modem
- Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Sharp ARM9 System on a Chip
- Advanced TFT Transflective and Transmissive LCD technologies with touch screen capability.
- Li-Ion batteries and battery chargers as well as protection circuitry.
- Utilized off the shelf technologies from Maxstream and Trimble
- Linux OS for ARM 9