Our client is in the special effects business and has a line of snow and blower machines used throughout the world. We designed this controller which has been a key component in several our their products which has helped them grow the company significantly.
Snowmasters T-1600 artificial snow generator
Anidea was contracted to design a controller for the next generation of Snowmasters’s artificial snow generators. The Client wanted their next version to support both a wired remote system as well as DMX-512 control. The Client also wanted the platform to be expandable to support future snow machine configurations.
Anidea Engineering, Inc. created a system with which various controller configurations could be created using optional component placement. We also devised a system to utilize the same DMX-512 connections for use with a proprietary wired remote. After learning more about the clients business and product, we suggested and implemented stand-alone modes for unattended operation.
The Client was able to launch two new versions of this existing product as well as provide integrated DMX-512 capability for the first time.
- DMX-512 bidirectional communications (RS-485 based)
- 110V/220V Line Powered Supplies
- Power Relays for Motor Control
- PWM Control of Inductive Pumps
- Controller is based on a Motorola HCS08 microcontroller
- Tethered remote uses a smaller HC08 microcontroller and is powered by the main board.