Our client has been in the access control and security business for over 35 years. One of their flagship products was an alarm panel for condo units which communicated digitally and by voice to the downstairs security officer. They approached Anidea as their design was outdated and parts were becoming obsolete. Anidea engineers completely redesigned their product while keeping it drop-in compatible with the existing installations and updated the system with a touch panel, graphic LCD screen.
Leading security electronics manufacturer
Alarm Control Panel with Voice Communications
The client's original product was over 25 years old and the components and the design were outdated.
- Anidea redesigned the device and upgraded it to a full-color display which was backwards compatible with the existing system.
- Redesigned the plastic enclosure.
- Researched various LCD technologies with touch screen capability.
- Implemented a custom ARM 7 System on a Chip (SoC) platform powerful enough for custom graphics.
- Designed the product for simplified assembly to reduce costs and increase reliability.
- Leveraged the Linux OS with Microwindows for system functions
The client was able to continue selling their flagship product line and upgrade older installations.
- ARM7 with SDRAM, NOR and NAND Memories
- TFT-LCD Touch Screen
- Voice Communications
- Audio Amplifier
- RS-485 Network Communications
- Sharp ARM7 System on a Chip
- Advanced TFT Transmissive LCD technologies with touch screen capability.
- Using speaker as a microphone
- Analog Electronics
- Linux OS for ARM 7