Versatile Embedded System Controller
Reduce your time to market with existing hardware and development kit. Control motors, pumps, LEDs, lights, heaters, and more!
The AEI 2000 DMX is an extremely versatile controller platform for many applications requiring DMX/RDM functionality. The controller is available in 4 stock configurations. Additional variations can be supplied in quantities as few as 10. Starting at $169, quantity 1. Check out the AEI2000 DMX in Action.
In Stock and Ready to Ship!
- Special Effects Controller
- Architectural DMX Transmitter
- Theatrical Stage Motor Driver
- Color Scroller
- Specialized LED Fixture Controller
- Fog Machine
Application Notes and Ideas
DMX Receiver / Monitor / DC Motor Control / Triac Controller - Please email us
The development kit contains a fully configured AEI2000-DMX with the Software Development Kit (SDK). The kit contains everything you need to develop your application. It also includes a wiring kit which contains all of the crimps and connectors required for attaching the controller to your system. $50 discount for students. (ID required)
Anidea Engineering can also develop the software for your application. Our firsthand experience and software library can allow many applications to be created in just days. Hardware changes are also available. Please see some related samples of our work here.
The AEI 2000 DMX comes standard mounted to an aluminum mounting plate which can be mounted to your device or frame with 4 screws. Custom plates are also available. Additionally, high quality, low volume digital labels can be created to give your product a proprietary, professional feel.
The AEI 2000 is available standard in 6 variations. The 'L' versions do not have the AC Control Module, RS-485 Isolation and the Thermocouple. The '-DMX' option adds XLR connectors for DMX connectivity. The 'B' versions do not have a user interface. Below are the combinations available.
|Orderable Part Number||Options||Target Market|
|User Interface||AC Control||Thermo-couple||Motor Driver||DMX/ RS485||DMX Isol.||XLR Conn.||Power Relay|
|AEI2000-DMX||●||●||●||●||●||●||●||Professional Theatrical Equipment|
|AEI2000L-DMX*||●||●||●||●||Low to Mid Level Theatrical Equipment|
|AEI2000||●||●||●||●||●||●||Versatile General Controller|
|AEI2000L||●||●||●||Versatile General Controller|
*Items are not stocked, but can be made available at special request.
Please see the data sheet for details.
(click to download data sheet)
|Component Side||Front Side||Front Side with OEM Plate, No DMX|
While many users of the AEI 2000 DMX will use it for proof of concept or a one off project, the product was designed for mass production. Volume pricing can be as low as $79 in 1000 piece volumes. Anidea can also support mechanical changes such as moving the screen location or button configuration. Please don't hesitate to call or write for your OEM requirements.
- Can the AEI 2000 run on 240V? Yes, the AC Controller circuit is rated for 240VAC. The DC supply the end user chooses to use to run the control logic of the board should also be rated for the correct, local AC voltage.
- What is the warranty of your products? Parts and labor of all devices have a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Are your devices UL or CE approved? As UL and CE ratings apply primarily to end products, the AEI 2000 controller board would be impossible for us to certify without knowing what it would be designed into or what it would control. However, design provisions have been made to meet standards including leakage tests and AC voltage isolation. Leakage tests have been made and pass standard CE/UL requirements. The separation of the AC circuitry from the DC circuitry is .051" which is applicable for most UL requirements. Feel free to contact us for consultation during your approval process.