LED Stop Sign
- The Story
- The client had a successful access control company and wanted to add a collaborative product to his sales line so they hired us to develop this LED traffic light.
- Key Technologies
- Hi Brightness LEDs
- Switching Power Supplies
- Other Features
- The system is configured to run off a wide input range of 20 to 30 volts AC or DC
- It employs technologies made available in other industry sectors to provide a new, advanced solution for the sign and signal lighting industry.
- The sign is designed around a micro controller to allow field upgrades and configuration changes throughout the life cycle of the product.
- Anidea was hired to develop an LED traffic signal and sign that was based on the new technologies and advancements taking place in the access control industry. The system needed to take advantage of new, cost-effective, powerful LEDs that are now in use in traffic lights.
- Anidea engineered a dual solution for the client, providing either a red/green or a red/yellow projection on the same board, which resulted in considerable cost savings in manufacturing.
- The system employs a unique switching power supply to create the high voltage levels required by true green LEDs. Anidea is now investigating many relationships in China on behalf of the client.
DC Solutions LED based Traffic Signal
(click image to enlarge)